Final Website Project

The Project

This was the last e-Comm project that we had to do in our animation section of the e9 class. It was considered our "final"and was actually pretty challenging to figure out. We were assigned with the task of creating a website that consisted of many things. We had to have a home page, a projects page, and there were many factors that went into building each one, like adding links, or photos. Not only did we have to make the website, but the program that we made it on was completely new to us, and something that we had never been introduced to. It was call DreamWeaver, and as usual, it took some time to fully get used to the project. I would have to say that this project was quite challenging, just because we had to make sure that everything was right, by following certain videos from Mr.Olson. But Overall, I am very proud of the outcome, and impressed that it looks like this. 

What I Learned

Throughout this week and working on this project, I have learned a lot of different pieces of information. I have figured out how to insert files into an account, and to also add links. Along with discovering a lot about the code behind the website, which I actually found very interesting. More specifically We had to find out the different properties of objects and texts, and a lot of the format had to do with pixels, which I now have an understanding for. After we had a main home page, I also learned how to open the whole design into an actual web browser. This was very helpful, considering that if you can see it on an actual website, then you know what you need to edit. We then had to figure out how to add a second page, which was not as complicated as I thought it would be. Once we had it up, the whole thing was really pretty simple. All we had to do was put in the projects that we really enjoyed from the whole semester, and all that this consisted of was adding gifs, a video, and text onto the page. After everything was completed and put on to the pages, I finally got to do my favorite part, which was designing the whole page. Mainly, I learned a lot about  how to change the colors of the back page, and I was very satisfied with how they ended up looking. I am very appreciative that I have learned so much information throughout this whole week of working on this project.


How It Went

Overall I feel like this project went very well. Obviously, it took a little longer to do, considering that it was a new website and we had never done something like that before. But I also wanted to make sure that the whole website looked very presentable and clean. I didn't want anything to be messy, or disorganized, and I feel that I accomplished that goal. Throughout the whole project though, I definitely can say that I made many mistakes, but the best part about making the mistakes was, then I could learn from them and not make those same mistakes again. Also I found that by the end of this project, I really didn't need the video, and I could figure things out for myself, which I thought was pretty cool. I feel that that this semester has been a very fun one, and I am very satisfied with the outcome of the project, and also all of the other project that I have completed this semester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarter 4 final project

color wheel

10 words animation