e9 Challenge 1 Video

How To Create And Print A Document

For this assignment we had to produce a quality video that showed the steps of creating and printing a document. With this project we were also given a lot of room for creativity and it took a lot of collaboration with my partner to make sure that we had everything planned. We started out with a story board that helped sequence the video, and this is where a lot of the creative aspects of the project took place. We knew that we wanted to film it in the library, and we wanted to start out with our subject walking in from the halls, and from there everything else was easy to plan out. When we had all of the film necessary, the whole editing process was not to difficult and I was able to collaborate about issues I had with my partner. Me and my partner were able to work together really well and we were both very involved in creating the video. If there was ever a decision that needed to be made, my partner and I both checked to make sure that we agreed on an idea.

Throughout this project, I was the one filming the videos and my partner was the actor. For editing, we both did our own videos but also collaborated on ideas and plans for how the whole thing was going to look. After completing this project I realized that I learned many things throughout the whole experience, like editing our video in Adobe Premiere Pro which was a program that I had never used before. I was also taught about things like the rule of thirds when shooting, and also the different shot sizes that can be used when filming, which really helped improve the quality of my video. Not to mention that we also figured out how to actually use the equipment, like the tripods and the IPads.

Thinking about skills that we used, I definitely feel like we did a good job managing our time, communicating with each other, and also collaborating on ideas that we came up with. Since this was our first project, there are obviously things that we could have done better with our technical skills, but I think those skills will improve over time. Something that I would have done differently would have been to film different shots as well as the ones I already had, just so I had more to choose from when it came to the editing process. But I would keep the same story board and also the audio that I chose to play in the background of my video. Going into my next project I will have a lot of information that I can use that will help my second video go very well. I know that there are many things that I can improve on, but overall I feel that this was a good first e9 video project for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

quarter 4 final project

color wheel

10 words animation